- Low affinity for stains provides higher optical contrast and makes visibility under a microscope easy
- True surface capture provides easy examination of samples and short analysis times
- Totally transparent membranes available
- Negligible absorption and adsorption of filtrate, nonhygroscopic
- Low tare weights
- No particle shedding provides ultra clean filtrate
- Biologically inert.
Whatman Cyclopore membranes are true pore size microporous membranes featuring the sharp cut-off and reproducible microfiltration performance characteristics of track-etched membranes. The smooth flat membrane ensures particles are retained on the surface so that they are easily visible under a microscope. Cyclopore membranes are manufactured using proprietary Whatman technology to produce a precision membrane filter with a closely controlled pore size distribution. Membranes are produced from a pure polymeric film and give exceptional chemical cleanliness. They are free of contaminants, have low tare weight, minimum water adsorption, and very low levels of nonspecific protein binding. The polycarbonate membranes are hydrophilic and are available in a choice of diameters and pore sizes. The polyester membranes are resistant to most organic solvents, amides, and halogenated hydrocarbons. This broad chemical compatibility makes polyester membranes suitable for the detection of particles in many corrosive fluids.
Here you can find the cartificat: https://www.gelifesciences.com/en/de/support/quality/certificates